Yes, we are hiring
Before you start
Hi there, I am Jerry Zhao from Leader Accountancy. Yes, we are looking for a new team member to join us. Before you send your resume to me, please watch this short video.
We are a small team of 11 based in Brisbane, there are two main cultures within my team.
Open conversation is a must. No hidden agenda. I expect all issues or conflicts will be addressed at the spot it happen, then we move on. because, I want you can enjoy every minute you work in my team. Most of my team will stay years at Leader Accountancy. We went through different stage of our life together. I will be responsible for your wellbeing when you work in my team, but you will share the same responsibility to yourself and our team.
Leader Accountancy open the door to the very first client 10 years ago. Continual improvements helped us to grow and to best service our clients.
COVID was our biggest challenge in 2020, but what’s next? I think AI or machine learning will revolute our accounting industry next! As one of the key input for AI is data, we as accountants have been digitalise the business world for centuries. You and me will be at the forefront of this revolution. Are you ready? My team are! We got two very intelligent in-house programmers as part of our accounting team.
Very cool, right?
We will support your CPA or CA program costs and membership fee, and each year you will be allocated with an training budget for the areas you would like to explore.
Client to Serve
So, who are the clients you are going to servicing and partner with for the next few years? They are from different backgrounds like my team does. Small like an husband and wife restaurant; or large business like cotton grower in Griffith, or college provide job ready education to 1000s’ student across Australia and international, or my favour zoo: 100 years old Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane.
Value we are looking for
This is me and my team, and we are looking for a business service accountant. The key value I am looking for are:
- First of all, must be a good fit of our team culture and confident you are going to enjoy the life while you are working here.
- Secondly, good knowledge of accounting and Australian Taxation. Ideally you have been working in a tax team for few years. Can complete business financial report and tax return fairly confident and identify a few tax saving strategies for the client.
- Other matters, not essential, but if you know any programming language, or basic Power BI, and confident to work with database, please let me know if will be a bonus point.
• Follow up to clients with queries
• Manage the flow of information between clients and our firm
• Prepare Business Activity Statements (BAS’s) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS’s)
• Prepare Financial Statements, including Depreciation Schedules
• Prepare Income Tax Returns
• Prepare CGT calculations and provide advice to clients
• Prepare FBT calculations and provide salary packaging reviews to clients
• Liaise with the ATO on client matters
• Business entity setup and registration
• Computer data input
• Prepare BSA Annual Review Reports
• Prepare ATO applications such as ABN, TFN, GST and PAYG
• Prepare invoices for clients and ensure all work is accurately billed
• Provide general accounting and taxation advice to clients
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings.
• Research and accurately interpret taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings for clients
• Participate in external and internal training as required
• Ensure that all work is error-free and professionally presented and complies with Leader Accountancy procedures and systems
• Maintain current and accurate files and record and date any actions and detailed file notes
• Prepare work flow reports for your own client work
• Prepare cash flow budgets and profit plans for clients
Other duties as requested
Please help me to understand you a bit more. Here is what I would like to invite you to do:
- Fill a short form, the link is here: https://forms.office.com/r/ffPLqtfygj
- Short cover letter to explain how would you be able to fit into the team and why would you like to join us
- Resume or your LinkedIn page if you think it is well written with your education, working experiences and achievements through the year.
- A very basic personality test link as here. please forward me the test result of the bar chat at the end of the test. https://www.123test.com/disc-personality-test/
If you are shortlisted, congratulation, you will be invited to an interview (or we call it “get to know each other meeting”).
Both Crystal (your direct team leader) and I, will attend the meeting. We will go through a list of questions together, please also feel free to ask us anything during the meeting.
Jerry Zhao FCPA
as director of
2021 March intake